Friday 15 April 2011

Day 27: Huancayo and "God is love"

I woke up feeling quite sad that today would be the last time I'd be with my littlies. We had a wonderful day though - first we played with jigsaws, then wooden bricks, then some of them rushed up to show me their toys and give me hugs. Then after breakfast, some special visitors came and we sang songs about how God is love, then they collected up all the yellow toys in their classroom, then a yellow glove puppet told us that God loves us very much. Then we had our next lesson of the day, rectangles, and played matching games of all the shapes we'd learned that week. Then came lunch, and after that Jenny went to talk to some of the parents while we stayed in the dining room and watched the Teletubbies. I spent most of the time with at least one child on my lap, and I was quite sad when the day ended. Edwin and Jenny had made me a card, and inside were printed all of the children's names. That was lovely! Ah, I'll miss my littlies.

In the afternoon I met up with Jesse and Jenny, and we mentioned the possibility of going to Concepcion the next day. Then we went round to see Danny (John was out), and the four of us visited Parque de la Identitad. That was good fun. On the way back we stopped by the shopping centre so Danny could get money out, then took a taxi back to Juliana's. The taxi driver took us by a complete different route, and I wondered for a moment if he was going to rob us, then he tried to drop us off on a different streetcorner. So I told him no, and gave him directions as to exactly how to get to Juliana's from where we were. I very much hope that this doesn't happen to the new volunteers while they don't know their whereabouts so well!

When Juliana came back from work, the other volunteers went out to eat, and Juliana and I went to run some errands in town. Afterwards, the two of us went out for broaster chicken (kind-of like southern fried chicken?) before heading back to our houses. That was a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment