Monday 11 April 2011

Day 23: Huancayo and my littlies

It was so wonderful seeing the littlies again, I'd missed them since Thursday! We crawled and jumped and coloured in and sorted toys into piles of yellow, green and blue. The day's activity was parts of the body - stretch the arm, wave the leg, show your middle finger (that one always makes me laugh). Ah, my littlies! After they ate their lunch, we went upstairs to the playground. Health and safety would have a field day here: concrete floor, relatively low wall. But the children were happy playing in the sun; chasing, going on the slide, on the seesaw (although little Allison fell off and cried).


After lunch, I did a bit of work at Juliana's, then internetted (I've somewhat given up on the idea of getting my coursework done here, it's kind of hard to concentrate on writing a report when there're trucks hurtling past every few seconds) then at 5pm met up with Mum's friend Doria. We had a great evening, We went for milkshake and cake in town (she invited me) and we chatted for a good hour and a half or so, until we saw it was getting dark. Then she put me on a bus, and I headed back to my house. I chatted for a while to Hilda's mum, who tells such wonderful long stories, then went for a relatively early night.


1 comment: