Saturday 2 April 2011

Day 14: Huancayo and a bright sunshiny day

The sun was shining, the clouds were drifting softly over the mountains, so I decided to go for a walk. I walked into the centre of town, then decided to walk a bit further to the shopping centre. I spent the morning wandering around, enjoying an ice cream while walking in the sun. Then I walked back in time for lunch. On the way back, a gentleman stopped me, and ranted about one of the president elects. He then asked me who I'd vote for, I said I didn't know, he ranted some more and spoke highly of another candidate, and said that everyone should vote for that person, didn't I agree? I just said that I didn't know, he ranted some more, then shook my hand and kept on walking. I walked back to my house feeling slightly dazed.

In the afternoon I went to Juliana's house - she's feeling a lot better now. I did a bit of admin stuff, then Oscar and Sonia turned up, and we discussed plans for tomorrow. They're thinking of going to the glacier Huaytapallana - Juliana says it's a 2 hour hike each way, and the glacier looks absolutely beautiful. We talked it over, and we agreed that we'd all go tomorrow.

So... I've packed my rucksack with energy drinks and bread rolls, and I've borrowed Juliana's hat and gloves, and I have all my warm clothes. Hopefully tomorrow'll be a good hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment