Tuesday 12 April 2011

Day 24. Huancayo and circles

This morning we learned about circles. Circles are round, like wheels, they have no corners. So the littlies played a game of finding circles in the room - a few of them got confused and brought over their books or toys, others decided that batting together two squares was good enough. Bless! Then they drew over a circle in crayon, then rolled up tissue paper into balls and gave them to me to glue onto the circles. Well, that was the plan - the result was mainly strips of paper being glued on, some of the littlies getting glue on their faces, and I ended up with some in my hair. I still don't quite know how that happened...

In the afternoon I went round Juliana's - we chatted for a while, then I helped her translate a few things, then she said that Nelly, the woman whose house I'd stayed in two years ago, was still in Huancayo. So of course, I went over to visit. It was lovely seeing her again! We chatted over grapes and coca tea, then I went with her as she ran some errands in town. Then back to the house for a 'lonche' (afternoon-tea?) of bread rolls and manjarblanco. We had a lovely time, and she invited me over for lunch on Thursday. Then I hopped on a bus back to Hilda's - I managed to miss my stop while the conductor was getting my change, so I ended up in another part of Pio Pata. Fairly interesting, I just crossed the road and took a bus in the other direction until I knew where I was and could walk back. I'll probably explore that other end of Pio Pata another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment